Dear Prospective Employee
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It’s our hope you have precisely what we need in a Head Trainer so we can take this page down immediately, and put you to work in the fun and rewarding position we have available.
Our company and the job
So, let me tell you about me, Evolution Athletics and the job.
My name is Sharleen Froats and I own Evolution Athletics in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Evolution Athletics was founded in 2011 with the intent to Build a Fit Community. Unfortunately, in a nation-wide analysis, Moose Jaw was identified as having one of the most overweight and unhealthy populations in all of Canada (An Overview of Healthy Weights in Saskatchewan, S. Chad, University of Saskatoon). After recognizing our community was ready to welcome the training methods and resources to produce the cultural transformation and healthy outcomes that our wonderful city deserves, I formed my Company to become a beacon to gather individuals on the same Mission.
Our Mission is to Build a Fit Community, to create a Tipping Point of change by positively affecting at least 10% (3200) of our city's population through effective lifestyle transformation and athlete development! And we are on our way! We are looking for a motivated and passionate Head Trainer to help us move this Mission ahead!
I love this city. Both my husband and I were born and raised here, and we have chosen to raise our children here as well. You cannot beat the friendly small-town feel and safety, with ease of travel within the city, as well as larger amenities and opportunities. It really is the best of all worlds and I intend to do everything in my power to ensure our residents are as healthy and fit as possible. If you are considering moving to Moose Jaw for this position, you will find a rewarding career and incredible community! Read more about our wonderful city by clicking this link.
To execute our Mission, Evolution Athletics not only offers group classes, we run advanced programming concepts with Custom Programming, Personal Training, unique 1-on-1 Nutrition and Lifestyle Transformation Programs, Semi-Private Training, as well as complete Customized Supplementation Programs.
The bottom line is that Evolution Athletics offers a variety of personalized programs that are transforming clients of all ages, sizes, and fitness levels – answers for real people who have been searching for something different, personal, and lasting.
Our fitness facility is located at 431 4th Ave SW. Just over the 4th Avenue bridge on the corner of 4th Avenue and Iroquois St.
If you are hired for this job, we’ll guide you through a thorough onboarding program that includes our Programming and Assessment models, TakeDown and Shaklee programs and company practices, policies and software systems. We want to set you up for success!
As our Head Trainer, you'll be coaching clients in the studio 5 days a week for 3-4 hours per day (afternoon/evening hours) Tuesday through Friday, and Saturday morning. You will also have additional 'office hours' for programming, staff training, program development, client care, and consultations.
Base wage typically begins around $2000/mo plus bonuses and incentives and you will be paid as an employee. After a 90-day trial period, you will also receive extended health care benefits, and have the opportunity to shift into a salary, add bonuses and go full-time. the trial period can be reduced or eliminated with an outstanding candidate. The potential for this position is $60,000 and beyond, annually, and a track for a fulfilling career in fitness.
My studio offers a very professional, but still very fun environment, high quality training equipment, and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a very successful training facility.
Oh yeah, I'm also very fair, respectful, and appreciative. I like having fun and making money providing highly valuable fitness services and products. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly, and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if it is warranted. I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others....because that's what we do in my facility.
- Develop comprehensive health and fitness programs for clients. If needed, you'll receive coaching and training on our fitness systems and programs, but you'll have some flexibility to incorporate your existing training style and knowledge
- Demonstrate proper exercise instruction. Of course, you should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc), and be able to provide appropriate exercises for clients' goals.
- Tracking client progress. To ensure a client's success in our programs, we track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets, and more, on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold our clients accountable to their health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform fitness evaluations. Ideally, you'll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, body weight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate, and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that's a bonus.
- Provide ongoing health and fitness education. You will be responsible for producing usable and valuable educational content for publication in our newsletter and social media channels, and presenting it in seminar format as well. You'll be provided with educational tools and resources, to assist this and further your education. We also spend time covering this in our weekly staff development meetings.
- Perform Pre-Qualification screens and complete Consultations for prospective clients. The business depends on ongoing attraction of new clientele. Being able to convert a prospective client from interest through to committed client is a critical skill. You will be provided extensive training on our professional guidance-oriented sales process and responsible for reaching Company targets in new member acquisition
- Team Results Client results and retention is a Team effort. You will also be responsible for ensuring the training team meets their retention, renewal and results targets for our members. Regular Trainer Development meetings and progression plans will be a part of your responsibilities.
These are the skills and competencies you must already have to qualify for this position:
- Good Communication Skills. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone, and know how to conduct yourself professionally and deliver clear instructions to clients. Manners and professionalism are things we pride ourselves on at CrossFit Moose Jaw!
- People skills and personality. You must LOVE working with people! You should be able to elevate a group or environment to more positive and collaborative interaction, be welcoming and warm to all, the ultimate 'host' or 'hostess'. This is a high-energy facility and you need to be able to show our clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Health and fitness education. We take pride in providing an extremely professional and well-educated service. You will be joining a team of fitness professionals that love to improve and keep raising standards in our industry. You don't have to have a degree in Exercise Science, but demonstrated in-depth working knowledge of health and fitness is critical.
- Belief in our Core Values:
- We Care – Helping our clients achieve their goals is part of each team members’ personal Purpose
- Personal Accountability – Every individual accepts complete responsibility for their effort and attitude
- Excellence – When better is possible, good isn’t good enough. Constant improvement
- Make a Difference – We leave things better than when we found them
- Honor & Integrity – Say what you mean and mean what you say
- Have FUN! – Life is good, show how much you enjoy it! And don’t take yourself too seriously!
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because they are not mandatory).
- Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
- Basic Nutrition knowledge
- National-level Certification
- Kinesiology Degree
- CPR Certified
- Experience with Infusionsoft, Zenplanner Online, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Gmail
How to apply
We are looking to hire the right person relatively quickly. If this job sounds good to you, then complete the web form above for additional instructions on completing the initial application process.
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Owner, Evolution Athletics
P.S. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and taking care of our clients. If that's you, I promise that your base wage only the starting point. I recognize and reward performance.
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page; enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. I'm a very positive, upbeat business owner and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned, and a great attitude, you're definitely a candidate. I am very willing to mentor promising new Trainers! So submit your application today!
BONUS FREE E-BOOK DOWNLOAD
Our Mission Is To Unleash The Potential Of Every Athlete We Encounter
Top Personal Trainer and Fitness Coach reveals why everything you've tried so far hasn't worked. Discover secrets the fitness industry doesn't want you to know.